Alan H. Schorr has established his law firm, Schorr & Associates, P.C., as one of the top plaintiff employment and Unemployment law firms in New Jersey.
Mr. Schorr has repeatedly achieved high value settlements and verdicts on behalf of employees who have suffered discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other work-related problems. He routinely negotiates enhanced severance packages and complex employment contract issues such as restrictive covenants and arbitration clauses. In addition, Mr. Schorr has a very high success rate in representing clients at unemployment appeals, disciplinary appeals, and other administrative hearings. Mr. Schorr has been responsible for expanding the laws protecting the rights of persons suffering as a result of sexual harassment and discrimination in landmark cases such as Connolly v. Burger King Corp, Stomel v. Camden, and Silver v. Board of Review. Mr. Schorr has written many articles and instructional materials, which can be viewed on this website. He is a Past-President of NELA-NJ (National Employment Lawyers Association), where he heads NELA-NJ's Legislative Committee.
Mr. Schorr is also a civil mediator, trained by the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, and is on the New Jersey Superior Court list of approved mediators
Prior to establishing his law firm in 1993, Mr. Schorr owned and operated a series of successful businesses. He has attained both a Master of Business Administration and a Juris Doctor degree from Widener University. Mr. Schorr's combination of legal knowledge, extensive business experience, and his M.B.A. are invaluable when tackling complex financial matters and in settlement negotiations, where financial knowledge and negotiation skills are essential.
- New Jersey, 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, J.D., 1993
- Widener University, Chester, PA, M.B.A., 1993
- Thomas A Edison College, Trenton, NJ, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association — National & NJ
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court
- New Jersey Association for Justice
Recent Accolades - No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey:
- Lead Counsel rating from LeadCounsel.org. LeadCounsel is maintained by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.
- SuperLawyers list selection 2007-2016. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.