Born in Philadelphia and raised in Cherry Hill, NJ, Matthew has spent most of his life in South Jersey. Matthew received his B.B.A. in Finance, Marketing and International Business from Hofstra University. He then attended Rutgers Law School, receiving his J.D. in 2015.
While at Rutgers, he was the President of the Student Bar Association, Student Leader of the Mediation Pro Bono Program, was on the executive board of several other organizations, and was involved in several other pro bono programs resulting in the Dean’s Pro Bono Publico Award for over 100 hours of service. He was awarded with the Dean’s Leadership Award as well as the Zack Award for excellence in Dispute Resolution. This past year he was awarded the prestigious Mary Philbrook Student Public Interest Award. He returned to Rutgers last year as a coach for the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Competition. He coached four students, two of which came in third place in the nation.
Matthew is also active with the American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section. After serving one year as the Law Student Division Liaison to the section, he was named the Chair of the Young Professionals Committee.
Upon finishing Law School, Matthew was hired as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Lee B. Laskin, J.S.C. at the Camden County Superior Court. Matthew spent time working in the Civil, Criminal, Family, and Special Civil Divisions during his time at the court.
Matthew is dedicated to helping every day working people get the justice they deserve. Matthew specializes in Alternative Dispute Resolution and will work hard to help his clients achieve favorable outcomes. He has spent many years with the firm in several different roles and will bring his experience and knowledge to help Schorr & Associates represent clients in Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Whistleblower, Harassment, Discrimination, and Unemployment matters.
- New Jersey, 2016
- Rutgers School of Law, 2015
- Hofstra University, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association - Young Lawyer Trustee
- The National Employment Lawyers Association of New Jersey (NELA-NJ)
- New Jersey Association of Justice
- American Bar Association - Section of Dispute Resolution - Young Professionals Committee Chair
- Adjunct Professor – Rutgers Law School, Camden Campus – Representation in Mediation
- Owner – The Cat’s Meow Rescue Group – Cat Rescue located in Delran, NJ
- Crossfit Athlete - Crossfit Iron in the Fire in Cinnaminson, NJ